The president and the maverick are running almost dead even in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup.
Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul earns 38% of the vote to President Obama’s 39% in the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters. Fourteen percent (14%) like some other candidate, and eight percent (8%) remain undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
Just a month ago, Obama posted a 41% to 37% lead over Paul, who ran second to Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann in the recent high-profile Ames Straw Poll in Iowa.
- Breaking Rasmussen Poll: Ron Paul Polls Well Against Obama
- Ron Paul VS Barack Obama 2012
- Why I’m suing Obama To End His Illegal War In Libya – Ron Paul
- CS Monitor: Has Ron Paul Become Electable?
- Ron Paul ‘I’m Running Against Obama And Bush’