At the same time the now infamous Ron Paul “racist” newsletters were released Ron Paul was publicly giving speeches decrying the racist drug war. Ron Paul stated that drugs should be legal and that drugs were illegal for two reasons. One of the reasons was (and still is) to create the means to target minorities for arrest and imprisonment by making their drug of choice illegal.
Watch the speech:
It is simply impossible for someone to publicly criticize and work to dismantle the true racist elements in our society and at the same time be a racist.
The charges are false. Counter the smear campaign by sharing this video with everyone you know.
- NAACP President: Ron Paul Is Not A Racist
- 8 reasons why Ron Paul outdoes Newt Gingrich
- Rep. Walter Jones cites media ‘arrogance’ for lack of coverage of Ron Paul campaign
- Do Black Americans Believe Ron Paul Is Racist?
- Gawker: Why the Media Is Ignoring Ron Paul