All hell breaks loose in Alaska
There is a split at the senior levels of the Mitt Romney campaign over how to deal with the ongoing Ron Paul takeover of the Republican Party, this, from an old friend inside. Some are saying, “Let it happen, so what? We have the nomination, they represent youth and Hispanics and they are the future, we need them.” Others, I will call them Romney Hawks, are saying, “We don’t know exactly how many delegates they have and that, in itself, is dangerous. They already have enough to embarrass us at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.”
They point to the disastrous RNC of 1992 which many believe contributed to the loss of George H. W. Bush to Bill Clinton in the general election. They say, “We must stop the Ron Paul people at any cost.”
- ABC Grants Romney More than Twice as Much Speaking Time as Ron Paul in Iowa Debate
- Ron Paul & Mitt Romney Stop In Washington State The Night Before Republican Caucus
- Romney leads, Paul rises in N.H. poll
- EXCLUSIVE: Romney Sells Inauguration Access, Nine Months Early!
- Mitt Romney Campaign Already Offering Donors Inauguration Access