WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul says he raised $8 million in the last three months.
The Texas congressman said Wednesday that his campaign will report that sum when it files its fundraising report with the Federal Election Commission later this month. Paul also says his campaign has more than 100,000 donors.
Paul says “we are very pleased with that” and called his effort “pretty sound numbers.”
Paul raised $4.5 million during the first fundraising quarter of his campaign.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry raised more than $17 million in his first seven weeks running for president, his campaign announced Wednesday, an impressive total that helps cement his status as the top alternative to Mitt Romney and counter the perception that his campaign his struggling.
- GOP Pres. Candidate Ron Paul raises $5 million in third quarter
- Super PAC to spend $55 million on behalf of Rick Perry
- Romney, Perry, Paul are the Money Top Tier
- Ron Paul 2012: End of the Quarter Fundraising Push: Day Two
- Ron Paul 2012: End of the Quarter Fundraising Push Happening Now